WARNING: THIS METHOD CAN BE USED FOR EVIL AND GET YOU IN TROUBLE WITH ONTRAPORT.
I’ve talked with Ontraport about this and have been told that they are cool with it as long as it is used for a PAID product/program.
Use cases may include:
- Purchasing two seats to a membership site with one payment. (The company pays for the owner and an employee)
- Mom buys a program for her child as a gift.
- Customer buys as a gift and wants the product delivered to a friend.
Do NOT use this to:
- Make a “viral” program that encourages people to add email addresses to your system
- Create a “share with a friend” button.
Randomly adding people who don’t ask for your information is a good way to get in trouble with Ontraport (or any email service).
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way….
Ontraport Training Video – Adding Two Contacts Using One Order Form
Did you know you can add two users to your Ontraport system using one order form?
It’s a little-known trick that I came up with when a client needed to add a second user for a paid membership site.
Custom Objects may solve this problem someday, but today it still can’t do what I’ll show you in the video below.
Using your own API, you can push a custom field out of your account and back in as a second user.